Music is a natural part of everything in our lives. It can influence, encourage, or even appease our moods. A study from Nielsen looked at the effectiveness of more than 600 television advertisements, more than 500 of which included music. The study concluded that commercials with some form of music performed better across four key metrics - creativity, empathy, emotive power, and information power - than those that didn't. Ensure you choose the right music for your marketing video carefully. To help you, here are some recommendations before you begin:
- Purpose -- is it to encourage and invite customers to try the product, or is it to show your audience they can't live without it?
- Know Your Audience -- the age, emotions, and dreams; you want the music you choose to get their attention so your customers can relate to your company or product.
- Foreground music -- Be dynamic, and powerful if you're displaying a dynamic statement. Match your music to your message. If your business is demonstrating a new car's performance, and the stunt driver is using his maximum ability, then find music that boosts energy and excitement. If, on the other hand, your company is demonstrating a vehicle for a family, choose music that accompanies your video of child safety, or family unity.
- Background -- background music supports the video's speaker, emphasizing the emotion he or she is sharing. If the speaker is delivering something heartfelt, a slow and melodic sound will offer more benefit. If the video is something comical, consider the music used in videos such as The Three Stooges. What you display, you want your music to emphasize it for a lasting impression.
So where are you to find the music to match your video excerpt using the above suggestions? The following popular music libraries provide a beginning to your search.
- Audio Network - a well versatile library that states, "...you're cleared to use it across multiple platforms, around the world - forever."
- Killer Tracks - With over 25 years of experience, Killer Tracks offers over 2700 albums from which to choose.
Let your imagination take its course. Inventive Marketing + Communication has resources to help guide the path for a video that meets not only the marketing difference; but the marketing challenge.