Let’s put it plainly – video is king. For HR, hiring managers, and marketers; recruiting has a massive branding implication that needs to be nailed in order to reach the best and brightest. Video is the perfect medium for displaying a variety of characteristics on why they should apply for your company or specific position.
The challenge that many companies face is to generate a traffic-friendly recruitment campaign that would allow them to attract the brightest minds across the country or the globe. Talent recruitment and development is often a cornerstone in top companies searching for this. But recruiting the best talent is competitive, and companies need creative solutions to attract the right people.
Inventive created a campaign that featured a video along with an engaging presentation that offered flexibility for individual presenters so that it could be tailored to suit each audience and presentation length.
With the company’s focus on recruitment, what Inventive did was add one more tool in their arsenal; they can give prospective employees an overview of the company, and let them know about opportunities that exist within their enterprise.
Recruitment videos should be able to display multiple things, and video can be tailored to do all of them. Some key characteristics of video should be able to display some or most of the following:
- Testimonials about why they chose to work for your company and how they enjoy it.
- Glimpses into the unique benefits your company has to offer
- Talk about exciting projects employees get to work on, especially if they are well known to the public
- Talk about how employees at your company can make a difference in the world
- Show the diversity of the people who are employed at your company
- Define the qualities you want in people interested in joining your company
- Have employees talk about specific things they have worked on and how those projects have made a difference
- Include information about how people can apply to work at your company with the assumption that the video may be embedded elsewhere
- Share benefits for employees applying for the specific positions in the video
- Demonstrate company culture in a fun way that will attract other employees with similar working attitudes
- Create a video that works whenever you are ready to hire for any department in your company
- Use candid interviews with employees about why they love working for your company, noting special things like not being in “cubicle hell”.